Mackleless

Am I the only who is totally over Macklemore? I'll admit I was a pro-Thrift Shopper but everything after that just didn't work for me. It was then that I realized that the parts of every Macklemore song that I liked were the parts where he wasn't speaking. Let's think about the catchiest parts of every single he's had:

Thrift Shop: "I'm gonna pop some tags, only got $20 in myyy pockett..." is the part that everyone loves and it is sung by Wanz.

Can't Hold Us: "Like the ceiling can't hold uusssss..." is the part everyone loves and it is sung by Ray Dalton.

Same Love: "I can't change even if I tried, even if I wanted to..." was the part everyone loves/sobs uncontrollably to and it is sung by Mary Lambert.

White Walls: "I got that off-black Cadillac..." is the part that everyone loves and it is sung by Hollis.

My point here is that every catchy hook of every Macklemore song isn't because of Macklemore yet he basically got carried in on a fucking chariot to the Grammys and won over way more talented rappers such as Kendrick Lamar.

"The Heist" surely is an appropriate title for this album seeing as not a damn thing he's famous for is as a result of his talent or actual struggles. I'm sorry just because you thought you were gay when you were three because you could draw doesn't equate to you understanding what it means to be gay. Like sit the fuck down. His raps aren't that great and I feel like he's milked the gays for all their worth. And as much as us gays love to be milked we, too, have a limit.

So I'm begging you, Macklemore, please Mackleless and let a rapper with real talent take the spotlight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

microbrat