Tiger Lily outrage!

So news has just dropped that the stunning Rooney Mara is cast to play "Tiger Lily" in the new Peter Pan movie, and the internet is pissed!


Tiger Lily is a Native American character, and the public seems to think that a Native American actress should have been cast in the role. This comes after a public outrage over Quvenzhané Wallis being cast to play Annie, a traditionally white character, in the new Annie movie. Let me just say something on this topic. If the actress that is being cast to play the role is the best actress for the role then I really could care less about her skin tone. 

My problem with Quvenzhané Wallis as Annie isn't that she is black, my problem is that she is a horrible actress. I don't care if she was nominated for 20 Academy Awards, I hate her acting. Rooney Mara, however, I actually enjoy as an actress and I could envision her actually pulling this role off just fine. My biggest concern is who they cast to play the crocodile, because I swear to God if they cast an alligator I'm boycotting Hollywood. Also, if they don't cast an actual fairy to play Tinkerbell I'm going to set something on fire. 

2 comments:

  1. Tiger Lily has been violated. No more Tiger lily names will not be given out at this moment. The Indian princesses are having a inter-tribal council this very minute... we will keep you informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! I agree with everything you said, but especially the last part

    ReplyDelete

 

Total Pageviews

microbrat