Playlist of the Week 4/21-4/25: Kelly Clarkson's Top 20 Performances

So if you don't already know I'm borderline obsessed with Kelly Clarkson...no, make that completely obsessed. I even won the chance to meet her and as you can see in my eyes I'm ready to shit myself and go blind.



Yesterday was the mother angel's birthday and a writer for RyanSeacrest.com compiled a list of her 20 best performances. Sadly he was wrong because some of the performances were far from her best. It takes a true Kelly fan to list her best performances so I'm stepping up to the plate. Here is the real list of Kelly's 20 best performances!

20: A Moment Like This

This is what started the whole era that is Kelly Clarkson. Obviously not her best performance because she's crying but if you watched this and didn't cry with her you are an empty shell of a human being.



19: The Trouble with Love is

This was Kelly's real coming out. Look at that little baby Kelly face. So cute.



18: It's Alright with Me

Kelly covered Cole Porter's "It's Alright with me" and reminded everyone that she literally can sing any genre. I'm still waiting for a standards album.



17: My Country Tis of Thee

I mean Aretha sang this for Obama's first inauguration so Kelly obviously had to be chosen to sing it for his second. And she SANG it.



16: Ave Maria

Speaking of singing for iconic figures, Kelly sang for the Pope. The. Pope. In this performance she literally channeled the angelic realm.



15. Why Haven't I Heard from You?

This was Kelly's tribute performance for Reba McEntrie who is her idol. I don't quite get why but she still sang the hell out of this song. So much so that I can forgive the hair.



14. Natural Woman

This was Kelly's big moment on Idol. This was when people really began to notice how amazing she was and the gay fan base (as can be seen by the gay who storms the stage) began to flourish. And let's not forget that whistle note.



13. Medley performance on Ellen

This performance medley had me screaming when I first saw it. The "Miss Independent" breakdown is so beyond epic, nobody can handle it. Nobody.



12. Hear Me

This was for the AOL sessions series (throwback) and Kelly showed her inner rock wails on this song which I still think is one of her best.



11. Never Again

Flashback to my favorite Kelly era. How pissed is she during this performance? And it's at the Teen Choice Awards which just makes it that much better.



10. Sober

A track from Kelly's "My December" album that so did not get enough attention. I mean, come on.



9. Wrapped in Red

Now coming from someone who absolutely hates Christmas and Christmas songs, the fact that this even made the list says a lot about Kelly. This song is just perfection and Kelly sang the shit out of it.



8. Cryin'

This Aerosmith Tribute back in the early kelly days was just amazing. She even got a lesbian in the audience to bow for her. A lesbian. That's not easy to accomplish. Take that, Beyonce.



7. Kelly Clarkson and Metal Skool

Kelly randomly showed up fucking wasted at a Metal Skool concert and still managed to wail her ass off. Skip to 4:20 for the magic to begin. I died at 4:38.



6. I Know You Won't

Kelly now owns this song, Carrie. It's not yours anymore. Kelly stole it.



5. Home

Kelly covered this song by Marc Broussard (who is amazing and I'm getting to see live in a couple of months) so amazingly well it had to make my top 5. (Ignore the gay who tries to sing in the audience).



4. Lies

This cover of a Black Keys song really blew the roof off. I know because I was at this concert and was almost put into a coma from it.



3. Never Loved a Man

This just doesn't even require any explanation beyond "Kelly covering Aretha."


2. Ain't No Way

By far my favorite cover Kelly has ever done. She is absolutely not in her body by the time she hits the bridge.



1. Because of You

This moment really was Kelly rising to the level of legends in the music industry. This is what a real singer and performer is about, everyone. The emotion, the vocals, and the story all remind us that Kelly isn't going anywhere anytime soon and that she will always be the voice of our generation.



So that finishes off the list of Kelly's 20 Best Live Performances. All hail the queen.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

microbrat