Playlist of the Week 4/14-4/18 90s Dance Throwback

Hey guys, so I decided that I was going to do a throwback this week to five of my favorite 90s dance tracks. #90skid

Monday: "Be My Lover" La Bouche

My only question is why hasn't J. Hud done a cover of this yet? I'll do the rapping.



Tuesday: "Ready to Go" Republica

I will always remember hearing this in "Scream" and being like "Mom get me a Scream mask and this single NOW!" I was the most awkward fucking child imaginable. How my parents didn't drown me in a bathtub will never cease to amaze me.



Wednesday: "Rockafeller Skank" Fatboy Slim

If for no other reason, I had to choose this song because of the most gloriously awkward scene in 90s film...the choreographed prom dance from "She's All That." WHAT PROM IS THIS!?



Thursday: "Breathe" The Prodigy

When I felt like feeling bad ass I would put this song on and like give my mom the stank eye all day.



Friday: "Battleflag" Lo Fidelity Allstars


I remember being so obsessed with this song...I still am actually. I  ended up recording it on my "Talkboy." You remember those right? I used to record everything with it. Songs from the radio (I was the original Napster), "Rugrats" episodes (why?), and conversations that my family would have in "private" during any family function (spy status).


So that's my quick throwback list from 90s dance music. I do have some honorable mentions, though:

"Tubthumping" Chumbawamba
"Strike It Up" Black Box
"Boom Boom Boom" The Outhere Brothers (this video is rather epic)
"Da' Dip" Freak Nasty (again an epic video)
"100% Pure Love" Crystal Waters 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

microbrat