Gaga's a G.U.Y.

I know I was tough on Gaga for her vom stunt at SXSW but she's managed to win some points back with her new video for "G.U.Y" because this is how I see Gaga at her best. There is a story that is easy to comprehend and follow (sort of reminiscent of the Paparazzi concept) coupled with theatricality, good visuals (filmed at the stunning Hearst Castle), memorable choreography, and the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with Andy Cohen!? Here's the video.



This is Gaga being Gaga. I wish she went a little lighter on the face injections, though, because she looks a little fucked but other than that I give this a thumbs up. It's a medley of songs from the ARTPOP album and each one works well into the overall story she's telling here. It also reminds me of the "Poker Face" video but on a bigger budget. I'm pro vintage Gaga so that earns it even more points. What are your thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

microbrat