Playlist of the Week 3/17-3/21

I'm back with this week's playlist. This week has been full of brand new music from artists that I love and I'm excited to share it with you guys!

Monday: "Chandelier" Sia
I am a huge Sia fan. I feel like she's the dark horse of the pop industry. She has had her hands in so many #1 hits that most people probably don't even realize, and I'm so glad that she kept this song for herself. Anthemic, urban, and so damn catchy!



Tuesday: "Ticking Bomb" Aloe Blacc
This whole album is a masterpiece, in my opinion. It fuses pop arrangements with classic soul and delta blues melodies. This song, in particular, has that southern blues sound that I love so much.



Wednesday: "Heaven Knows" The Pretty Reckless
I love this band so much and Taylor Momsen is so heroin chic fierce I can't even handle it. I especially love that she was a product of Gossip Girl and now is like a satan slut. The band just dropped their sophomore album "Going to Hell" this week and it is full of dirty rock. The song kicks ass and makes you feel like getting wasted and having a bar fight, which I totally condone.



Thursday: "Night Like This" LP
LP is another artist who I don't think people realize has been involved in a bunch of #1s from artists such as Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera, and the Backstreet Boys. She's a real talent and she just released her new single, following a really beautiful live EP entitled "Into the Wild" which I also recommend checking out. This track starts pretty campy but actually gets catchy and has you singing along by the end. If you ask me it kicks the shit out of Pharrell's "Happy" in terms of good mood-inducing music.



Friday: "Sexercise" Kylie Minogue
I almost can't physically handle what is happening here. Kylie is 45 and is like in such good shape it kills me. This video is outrageous and is the 2000s response to Olivia Newton-John's "Physical." I cackled when they were popping their asses on the exercise balls. You just need to watch and see what I mean. Glorious.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

microbrat